Chef Jeremy's Prime Rib Rub
3 tablespoons Worcestershire
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic or powder
1/2 teaspoon granulated onion or powder
Note: If you buy a full prime rib, you need to double the amounts above.
- Make sure your prime rib is dry.
- Rub prime rib with Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix spices together and then crust the prime rib.
- Optional Step: Wrap prime rib in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Place prime rib in pan with a wire rack divider to keep the rib off the bottom of the pan. If you do not have a wire rack, then use chopped white onions in the bottom of the pan placed underneath the prime rib.
- Let prime rib sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place prime rib in oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn heat down to 325 degrees and cook until it has an internal temperature of 120 degrees.
- Before slicing, let prime rib rest for 30 minutes on top of your stove.