Halibut Romano-Asiago Cakes
with Chive Vinaigrette and Buerre Blanc
Halibut Romano-Asiago Cakes Ingredients
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup green pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound halibut, 1/2 inch dice
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup panko
1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
1/4 cup Asiago cheese, grated
Halibut Romano-Asiago Cakes Directions
- In a small sautÃ© pan over medium high heat add oil until hot. SautÃ© onion, celery and green pepper until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl combine halibut, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, parsley, panko, Romano and Asiago.
- Add cooled vegetables and combine well. Roll into 3" balls and flatten into thick pancakes.
- Heat canola oil in sautÃ© pan and cook until golden brown — turning once.
Chive Vinaigrette Ingredients
4 tablespoon champagne vinegar
1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon shallots, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup olive oil
Chive Vinaigrette Directions
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, chives, mustard, garlic, shallots, sugar, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Slowly add olive oil until emulsified. Set aside.
Directions To Serve
- Arrange Halibut Romano-Asiago Cakes in center of salad or serving plate.
- Drizzle with Chive Vinaigrette.
- Strain marinated halibut and carefully combine with chilled vegetables.
- Scoop onto center of plate and place a dollop of cocktail sauce on top and garnish with cilantro.
- We suggest you serve with blue tortilla chips!