Kumamoto Oysters with Champagne Mignonette and Caviar
Kumamoto Oyster Ingredients
1 Oyster shucking knife
4 fresh Kumamoto (or other small oyster) in the shell
1/2 cup champagne mignonette
1 tablespoon caviar (recommend Paddlefish)
Kumamoto Oysters Directions
- Shuck oysters and place in half shell on platter of crushed ice.
- Top each oyster on the half shell with a spoonful of the Champagne Mignonette.
- Finish by topping with the caviar. Serves your entire party.
Champagne Mignonette Ingredients
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1 tablespoon shallot, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 pinch sugar
1 dash salt
1/4 cup champagne
Champagne Mignonette Directions
- Mix vinegar, shallot, thyme, sugar and salt together.
- Add champagne immediately before serving.