Top Sirloin & Crunchy Oysters
2 each 6-ounce top sirloin steaks
salt and pepper to taste
6 oysters, fresh
1/4 cup milk
1 cup breading for oysters (see below)
1 pinch salt, light dusting
1/2 cup dill Hollandaise (see below)
breading for oysters
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Wondra flour
3 ounces Phyllo dough
- Mix the egg and milk together in bowl and add oysters.
- Set aside.
- Combine panko breadcrumbs, Wondra flour and phyllo dough in bowl of a mixer and process.
- Pour flour mixture onto plate and set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup of canola oil in sautÃ© pan to medium heat.
- Dredge oysters in flour mixture and place in hot oil.
- Cook on either side until crispy.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel.
- Season with a light dusting of salt.
Dill Hollandaise Ingredients
2 egg yolks
1 pinch Kosher salt
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 bunch dill, chopped
Dill Hollandaise Directions
- To make the hollandaise, place 2 cups of water in the bottom of a double boiler and heat until boiling.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter, then remove from heat.
- Place top portion of double boiler over the boiling water.
- In top portion of double boiler, add egg yolks and whisk until yolk coats the back of a spoon.
- Don't cook the egg through or scramble them; you only need to warm them and it happens quickly.
- Remove from heat and slowly drizzle in the butter.
- Once all the butter is incorporated, season with cayenne, chopped dill and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Season the steaks and grill on a barbeque to desired temperature.
- Remove from grill and let rest.
- Place the steak on the plate and finish with the oysters and top with the hollandaise.