Lavosh (Cracker Bread)
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon Kosher salt
1 and 1/3 cups warm water
1 package dry yeast
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup seasame and poppy seeds
Utensils needed:A baking sheet, parchment or wax paper, a rolling pin and a pastry brush.
- In a mixer with paddle add half the flour, yeast and water and mix until smooth.
- Combine remaining flour and salt.
- Now take the paddle off the mixer and replace with a dough hook.
- Mix until smooth and elastic.
- Let dough rest for 1 hour.
- Divide into 10 balls and let rest for an additional 20 minutes.
- Roll out as thin as possible then stretch out with your hands.
- Place on sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Poke holes or dock with a fork.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds.
- Bake in 400-degree Fahrenheit oven for approximately 10 minutes or until dark brown and crisp/Let cool before eating. I know you will be tempted.