Fresh Saffron Pasta Dough
pinch saffron threads
3 tablespoons hot water
4 cups flour, all purpose
4 eggs, whole
- Place the saffron in a cup with the hot water.
- Use a large cutting board or your counter if the surface is flat (no tiles).
- Place all the flour in the center and build a mini mountain with it.
- Create a crater in the center to place the eggs.
- Add 1 egg to the crater and then start mixing with a fork.
- Break down the sides and then add another egg. Repeat this process until all the egg is mixed with the flour slightly.
- Pour saffron mix over pasta and add a pinch of salt.
- Now it is time to get your hands dirty. Knead the dough for 10 minutes. NOTE: I always set my timer so that I know when I am done.
- Cut the dough into 8 small sections and roll into balls.
- Wrap the balls of dough in plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Now you are ready to roll it out and make whatever pasta you want. I have a Kitchen Aid attachment that makes the job real easy.