1 lb manila clams, large
1/4 cup Italian sausage
4 each peppadew peppers, chopped
1 large shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 egg yolk
2 cups rock salt
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 cup kale cream (recipe follows)
- Steam clams for 1 minute and then remove and let cool.
- Split clams open and break one side of shell off.
- Shuck clam so I is not connected to shell anymore.
- Pour 1/2 rock salt on cookie sheet and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place shucked clams on top of the rock salt.
- Mix the sausage with the peppers, shallot, garlic and egg yolk.
- Top each clam with the sausage mixture and then finish with the breadcrumbs.
- Roast in oven for 12 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Place the second half of the rock salt on a large serving tray and place the clams on the salt.
- Top the clams with the Tuscan kale and enjoy!
Tuscan Kale Cream
Tuscan Kale Cream Ingredients
1 cup white wine
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
1 bay leaf
1 large shallot sliced
2 cups heavy whipping cream
4 cups Tuscan kale, cleaned and chopped fine
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
salt to taste
Tuscan Kale Cream Directions
- Place the white wine, peppercorns, bay leaf and shallot in a small sauce-pan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until almost all liquid is gone.
- Add cream and cook for 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Strain mixture out into a bowl and then pour back in pot and return to heat.
- Add kale and cook for 7 minutes or until kale has cooked through.
- Finish with cheese, butter and salt.