Clam linguine with Portuguese Sausage
1 cup Portuguese sausage, cut into chunks
1/2 tablespoon shallot, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 pound Manila clams, rinsed
1/4 cup dry vermouth
1/2 pound linguine, pre-cooked al dente and chilled
1 pound butter, unsalted, cold
1 pinch salt, to taste
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
2 each basil leaves, torn
- Heat large fry pan to medium heat with sausage in it.
- Cook until golden. Add shallot, garlic and toast for 3 minutes (if necessary add a little oil).
- Add dry vermouth and deglaze the pan stirring the bottom carefully.
- Add clams and cover with lid. Steam until clams open.
- Add precooked linguine to pan, replace lid and heat.
- Add butter to pan and season with salt.
- Toss gently.
- Place in a large bowl and top with cheese, tomatoes, and torn basil.