1 sweet onion, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
4 stalks celery, sliced
6 cloves of garlic sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 pounds clams, manila, savory or butter
2 beers, preferably micro beer (or lager)
1/2 stick butter
2 lemons, juiced
1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Heat a large pot to medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic and olive oil.
- Cook until vegetables start to soften.
- Add clams and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beer and cover until all clams pop open.
- Pull off heat and add butter, lemon juice and chopped parsley.
Tip: Use the liquid for dipping clams and dunking crusty toasted bread.