Crab-Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
4 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed with black gills scraped out
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large shallot, sliced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 cups Dungeness crab stuffing (recipe follows)
1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Steam portobello mushrooms for 5 minutes and chill to room temperature.
- Toss the mushrooms in olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, shallot and Dijon mustard.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 6-8 hours for full flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and stuff with crab mixture.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese and then broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Makes 2 Cups
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 small shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
1/4 lemon juice
small pinch Salty's Seasoning Salt
3 slices white bread, de-crust, fine dice
1 cup Dungeness crab meat
- Combine the cream cheese, shallot, garlic, heavy cream, egg, Tabasco, lemon juice and seasoning salt until mixed really well and the cream cheese is smooth.
- Fold in the crab and bread.