Salty's Dungeness crab Macaroni and Cheese
1 1/2 cup macaroni, cooked
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 tablespoon ChÃ¨vre cheese
2 tablespoons white cheddar cheese, grated
2 tablespoons Beecher's cheese, grated
1 tablespoon whole butter
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch Kosher salt
3 ounce Dungeness crab meat
1 1/2 tablespoons Beecher's bread Crumbs, (recipe follows)
Beecher's Bread Crumbs
1 tablespoon bread crumbs
2 teaspoon Beecher's cheese, finely grated
1 pinch garlic granules
1 pinch onion granules
- Place a sautÃ© pan over medium heat, add heavy cream, cream cheese, ChÃ¨vre cheese, white cheddar cheese and Beecher's cheese.
- Bring to a simmer stirring constantly with a rubber spatula so not to burn the sauce.
- Add pre-cooked macaroni, whole butter, black pepper, Kosher salt and 2 ounces of crab meat.
- Turn your heat to medium high and keep on stirring until the mixture reaches your desired consistency saucy or not).
- The whole process should take about 3-5 minutes, when the macaroni is to your liking, transfer it to a serving bowl, top it with the Beecher's bread crumbs, place in oven broiler and cook for 2-3 minutes or until surface is nice and brown.
- Garnish with remaining ounce of crab meat and finish with chopped Italian parsley optional).