Dungeness Crab Fritters with Apple Honey
Serves 4 to 6
Dungeness Crab Fritters Ingredients
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup, onion, chopped
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, shopped
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 and 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 and 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 pound Dungeness crab meat
4 cups canola oil
Dungeness Crab Fritters Directions
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat add oil and heat.
- SautÃ© onion and pepper until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and sautÃ© 1 minute. Remove from heat, transfer to bowl and refrigerate.
- Combine eggs and milk in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add milk/egg mixture to flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in sautÃ©ed vegetables.
- Add parsley, thyme and crabmeat and mix until combined.
- In deep pot heat 4 cups canola oil — be sure the pot is only half full of oil — until it reaches 350 degrees with a candy thermometer.
- Using a 1/4-cup measurement, scoop the batter into the hot oil and turn after each fritter becomes golden brown on one side.
- Remove the fritter from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Season with Salty's Seasoning Salt and serve with Apple Honey.
Apple Honey Ingredients
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
3 apples, peeled, seeded, chopped
1 teaspoon dry sage
Apple Honey Directions
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Strain and cool.