Blackberry Shortcake Topper
Makes 3 cups
2 pints local blackberries
1tablespoon ginger, minced
1 lemon, zest
1/2 stick cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
- Wash berries and place in a clean bowl.
- Place water, ginger, lemon zest, cinnamon and salt in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 4 minutes.
- Strain liquid over berries. Toss with spoon and refrigerate.
Chef's Tip: This is great on pancakes, waffles, ice cream or any other sweet treat.