Meyer Lemon Curd
Makes 4 Cups
6 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1 cup meyer lemon juice, fresh squeezed
Â½ cup lemon zest
Â½ pound butter, unsalted
1 teaspoon salt
- Bring a sauce pot of water to a boil. Place the eggs and yolks, sugar, lemon juice, zest salt in a metal or glass bowl that fits snuggly onto the pot of water.
- Cook in double boiler until thick and clings to the whisk.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Allow butter to melt and incorporate completely.
- Place onto ice bath and cover with plastic right on the curd so it does not form a skin.
- Refrigerate until ready to use
CHEF'S TIP: great in pies, doughnuts or use to make your very own lemon bars.