Rainer Cherry Clafoutis
1 stick butter, unsalted
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups Rainier cherries, pitted and halved
- Place a stick of butter in a medium-size casserole dish in a 350-degree oven.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until butter is melted. (This is a good time to preheat the oven.)
- Pull the hot dish out of the oven and mix in sugar, flour, milk, salt and baking powder. Mix until there are no clumps.
- Sprinkle the cherries on top and then bake at 350 for one hour.
- The berries will sink to the bottom while cooking.
Chef's Tips: Finish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you want to make it even more special orange Creamsicle ice cream is the best.