Butter Milk Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta Ingredients
150 grams sugar
700 grams heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon salt
325 gram butter milk
1 Tablespoon sheets gelatin
4 lemons zest
Panna Cotta Directions
- Bloom gelatin
- Bring heavy cream, sugar, zest, and salt to a simmer<./li>
- Dissolve gelatin into hot heavy cream mix.
- Add in buttermilk and strain.
- Place in the base in an ice bath to cool and to help set up the gelatin.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken remove from the ice and portion into desired containers, allow to set up in the refrigerator in for a few hours before use.
Friend Basil Directions
- Pick one bunch basil leaves
- Fry basil in 325 degree oil for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the basil from the fryer and place on a paper towel surface.
- Lightly salt with sea salt and allow to cool.
Candied Tomatoes Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1 vanilla bean
3 heirloom tomatoes
Candied Tomatoes Directions
- Cut tomatoes into quarters, with a paring knife remove the inside of the tomatoes so that all you have is the skin and the outer meat.
- Mix the sugar, water, and vanilla in pot, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the sugar has come to a boil, place the tomatoes into the sugar and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove the tomatoes from the sugar and place to the side for plating.
- Un-mold panna cotta by placing it into hot water for a few seconds to loosen it from the mold, place the un-molded panna cotta on to the plate.
- Place 4 tomatoes around the panna cotta. Place the fried basil on top of panna cotta.
- Finish the plate with a finishing olive oil and balsamic.