1 pastry shell, your choice
1 and 1/2 cups cream, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup blackberries, purÃ©ed
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together and strain all the ingredients above, except of course the pastry shell.
- Line a 9â€ or 10â€ tart pan with your favorite pastry.
- Chill than prick all over with fork.
- Pre-bake just the shell at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pour blackberry silk mixture into pre-baked pastry shell and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Filling will look like liquid in the center but will firm as it cools.
- Chill several hours or preferably overnight.
You can frost with whipped cream, top with berries and brush on a glaze of melted blackberry jam desired. Enjoy!