Chocolate Oblivion Cake
1 pound semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate
1 stick butter
6 egg yolks
1 tablespoon flour
6 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, heat chocolate until melted.
- Remove from heat and add butter stirring constantly until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine egg yolks and flour and stir until incorporated.
- Add to chocolate mixture and stir until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a medium well-chilled mixing bowl, add egg whites and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into chocolate mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch spring form pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- It should appear wet in the center and will sink as it cools.