Spritz Cookies (aka Holiday Butter Cookies)
1 cup + 2 tablespoon almond paste
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
3/4 cup egg whites (3 large eggs)
1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoon butter (very soft softer than room temperature)
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups + 2 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease cookie sheets with butter or line with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer( fitted with a paddle or hand mixer), blend almond paste, powdered sugar and salt.
- Add just 2 tablespoon of the egg white.
- Scrape bowl so there are no lumps.
- Add butter must be very soft) and blend until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Add remaining egg white very slowly until mixture is smooth.
- Fold in flour by hand.
- Use cookie press to create S or O shapes.
- Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes or until light brown and firm to touch.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Add icing and sprinkles.