Carmel Rice Crispies
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 pinch of salt
1 and 1/2 cups Rice Crispy cereal
3/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat combine sugar, water and salt and cook until sugar dissolves and mixture caramelizes.
- In a large bowl combine rice crispies and hazelnuts.
- Add caramel mixture and stir until well coated.
- Pour hot mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and spread into a thin coating with a spatula.
- When cool, break apart and sprinkle on top of tart for garnish.