Salty's Chocolate Pudding Cake
4 pounds Washington butter, whole unsalted
2 pounds semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 and 1/2 pound sugar
6 cups dark cocoa powder
1 and 1/2 pounds all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
3 and 1/2 ounces baking powder
12 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar with chocolate and cocoa powder until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides of bowl to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- In a second bowl add sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Then add slowly with mixer on low speed just until incorporated.
- In a third bowl sift flour and baking powder together and then add to mix slowly just until incorporated.
- Mix on medium speed for one minute.
- Scoop into serving dish, place dish in water bath and bake at 315 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick around outside of cake. When it comes out clean it's done.
- The middle should still be soft and gooey.