1 pound cod, ling or true
10 each 21/25 prawns (21/25 means 21 to 25 per pound)
salt and pepper to taste
3 Tablespoons flour, all purpose
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 artichokes, cleaned and cooked
3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon capers
10 each caper berries cut in half
1 glass white wine
12 each grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
salt to taste
- Heat a large fry pan to medium heat.
- Cut cod into 4 pieces.
- Season cod with salt and pepper.
- Dredge cod and prawns in flour and then pat off excess flour.
- Add oil to fry pan and brown cod in pan on either side (approximately 3-4 minutes on either side)
- Pull cod and prawns from the pan and set on separate plate.
- Add artichokes, garlic, olive oil and sautÃ© until garlic browns slightly.
- Add capers, caper berries and place fish back in pan.
- Add wine and cook until the alcohol smell has released from the wine.
- Add grape tomatoes, parsley and turn off burner.
- Swirl in butter and serve.
CHEF TIP: Great with chicken, veal, or pork. Also great served with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.