Anchovy Spaghetti Recipe
1 pound spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
10 each anchovies, chopped
8 sprigs Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, ground or shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
- Fill a 2-gallon pot with cold water and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Turn on high to get water boiling.
- Heat a large fry pan to medium heat.
- Add olive oil and anchovies and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Italian parsley and white wine and cook for 3 minutes or until wine slightly reduces.
- Pull pan off heat and let sit.
- Place pasta in boiling water and cook until al dente (roughly 8 minutes)
- Pull pasta directly out of water and add to large fry pan.
- Place fry pan back on burner and turn to medium heat.
- Stir pasta until all flavors are incorporated.
- Toss with half the Parmesan cheese and olive oil.
- Taste for salt.
- Place in serving container and finish with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Tip: If you want to spice this dish up, add 1/2 teaspoon of chili flakes!