Roasted Halibut Over Spring Succotash with Bacon-Tossed Radicchio
4 each 6-ounce cuts fresh halibut
salt and pepper seasoning
6 cups succotash (recipe follows)
1/2 cup white wine
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 cup bacon-tossed radicchio (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place succotash in large sauce pan or baking dish.
- Season halibut on both sides with salt and pepper and then place on the succotash and add white wine (but do not pour over the fish).
- Cook in oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Top each piece of halibut with 1/2 tablespoon butter until it melts on the fish. Remove whole herbs from the succotash.
- Remove from oven and top halibut with bacon-tossed radicchio.
Spring Vegetable Succotash Ingredients
1 cup peas, raw fresh
1 cup sweet onion, diced
1 cup red potato, diced
1 cup red pepper diced
1 cup corn kernels, cut off the cob
1 cup carrot, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs sage
1 1/2 teaspoons salt kosher
6 cracks black pepper
Spring Vegetable Succotash Directions
- MAKE SURE ALL VEGETABLES ARE CUT THE SAME SIZE AND ARE RAW.
- Toss in a bowl and then start recipe above.
1/2 pound bacon, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 head radicchio, shredded
salt to taste
Bacon-Tossed Radicchio Directions
- Place chopped bacon in large fry pan and crisp on medium heat.
- Once crisp, add garlic and toast for 30 seconds (do not burn).
- Remove from heat and add balsamic vinegar.
- Before serving, reheat bacon and balsamic mixture slightly and toss in radicchio.
- Finish with salt to taste.