Blackened Halibut Fish Tacos with Chipotle AÃ¯oli
Blackened Halibut Fish Tacos Ingredients
20 white corn tortillas, Don Pancho, 4 inch
10 small long cuts of halibut (about 2 1/2 inches by 1 inch)
1/4 cup Saltyâ€™s Signature Blackening Spice
1 cup green cabbage, shredded
1 cup red cabbage, shredded
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 pinch kosher salt
5 tablespoons chipotle aioli
Blackened Halibut Fish Tacos Directions
- Coat the halibut chunks in the blackening spice. Heat a large fry pan to medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon canola oil and then cook each side for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl toss the cabbage and cilantro with lemon juice, canola oil and salt.
- Place blackened halibut on a separate plate. Wipe down the large fry pan with paper towel until dry.
- Heat tortillas, two together, in dry fry pan.
- Place blackened halibut on the tortilla and then top with the cabbage, chipotle aioli and the queso fresco.
Chipotle Aioli Ingredients
1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon chipotle pepper, pureed
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon coriander, toasted and ground
1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/4 bunch green onion, chopped
1/4 lemon, juiced
1 pinch salt to taste
Chipotle Aioli Directions
- Mix all ingredients (Add more chipotle if you want it hotter).
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 1 hour so flavors combine well.