Broiled Halibut With Wilted Pea Vines and Piquillo Pepper Aioli
Broiled Halibut Ingredients
2 6-8 ounce halibut fillets
1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sautÃ©ed pea vines, recipe follows
1/2 cup piquillo pepper aioli, recipe follows
1/4 cup bacon, raw, chopped
Broiled Halibut Directions
- Season the halibut fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place on a well-greased baking sheet.
- Place on the bottom rack of your oven and broil for 14-18 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Place over the saut&eacutre;ed pea vines and then serve the aioli on the top or on the side.
- Garnish with chopped parsley (optional)
SautÃ©ed Pea Vines Ingredients
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 ears of corn, slice kernels off the cob
1 pound pea vines
1 pinch salt to taste
2 egg yolks
SautÃ©ed Pea Vines Directions
- Over medium heat in a skillet cook chopped bacon until crispy.
- Add the garlic and corn.
- Cook until toasted.
- Add the pea vines and sautÃ© until wilted. Salt to taste.
Piquillo Pepper Aioli Ingredients
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/4 cup piquillo peppers, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
Piquillo Pepper Aioli Directions
- Place a small metal bowl in your freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add egg yolk, garlic, peppers and salt to bowl.
- Whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add canola oil 1 teaspoon at a time and whisk. Finish with vinegar and taste for salt.