Fennel Salt Dusted Halibut
Halibut Fillets Ingredients
6 ounces halibut fillets
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon fennel salt
1 Summer Squash Ratatouille
1/2 tablespoon) Cherry Balsamic reduction for drizzle
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon ground fennel
1/4 tablespoon garlic granule
Halibut Fillets Directions
- Season the halibut liberally on both sides with the fennel salt.
- Heat a large fry pan to medium high heat.
- Place oil in fry pan and then place halibut in the pan skin side up.
- Cook for 4 minutes then flip over. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan by sliding spatula between the halibut meat and the skin.
- Place ratatouille on the bottom of a large serving platter.
- Lay halibut on top of the ratatouille and then drizzle the cherry balsamic reduction over the fish.
Summer Squash Ratatouille Ingredients
1 zucchini, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
1 eggplant, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 lemon thyme sprigs, chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon sea salt
Summer Squash Ratatouille Directions
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Place all items in a large Mixing Bowl toss with olive oil to coat.
- Lay out vegetables evenly over 2 sheet pans.
- Roast in oven for 15 Minutes or until vegetables have great color and are tender crisp.
- Place back in bowl and toss together while hot. Set aside for serving.
Rainier Cherry Balsamic Reduction Ingredients
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup pitted Rainier cherries
3 tablespoons brown sugar
Rainier Cherry Balsamic Reduction Directions
- Add pitted cherries, vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until the mixture is the consistency of light syrup.
- Mix together in a bowl.