Pan-Roasted Alaskan Halibut
with Tomato-Braised Green Beens, Truffle Aioli
Halibut Fillets Ingredients
4 ounce(s) halibut filets
1 pinch(es) salt
1/4 pound(s) tomato braised green beens
1/4 cup(s) truffle aioli
1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
Halibut Fillets Directions
- Heat a nonstick large fry pan to medium high heat.
- Season halibut on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place halibut in the pan skin side up.
- Cook for 4 minutes on one side.
- Flip over and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Place on a serving dish and serve beans to the side.
- Top halibut with aioli.
Tomato Braised Green Beans Ingredients
1/2 pound French green beans snipped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 clove garlic
1 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
1 egg yolk
Tomato Braised Green Beans Directions
- Heat a large fry pan to medium high heat. (make sure it is one that has a lid)
- Add the oil and beans and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato paste and the garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring rapidly.
- Turn burner down to medium low and ad chopped tomatoes, and vinegar.
- Cover with a lid and let cook for 4 Minutes.
- Season with salt and serve.
Truffle Aioli Ingredients
1 tablespoon(s) water
1 clove garlic
1/2 tablespoon(s) champagne vinegar
1/4 cup truffle oil
1 pinch truffle salt
Truffle Aioli Directions
- Place the egg yolk, water, garlic and vinegar in a bowl.
- Whisk for 3 minutes until eggs start to froth.
- Drizzle in truffle oil until it makes a nice thick sauce.
- Finish with salt to taste.