Pan-Seared Halibut with Herbed Butter and Local Radishes
2 each 6-ounce pieces halibut
1 pinch of kosher salt
1 teaspoon canola oil
2 tablespoon herb butter recipe follows)
Shaved radish salad recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a nonstick fry pan to medium heat for five minutes.
- Season fish with salt on both sides.
- Place oil in pan and then place fish flesh facing down (ugly side up).
- Shake the pan to ensure the fish is not sticking and place in the oven.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes and then pull out of oven.
- Flip over the fish and you should have a beautiful crust on the fish.
- Top with the butter and the shaved radish salad.
Herb Butter Ingredients
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1 clove garlic minced
1 tablespoon chopped herbs thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, chives or dill
1 pinch of salt
1/4 lemon, juiced
Herb Butter Directions:
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and then set aside.
Radish Salad Ingredients
5 red radishes, sliced
1/4 lemon juiced
1 spritz of olive oil
5 italian parsley leaves
1 pinch of sea salt
Radish Salad Directions:
- This is a very simple salad used to highlight the radishes but not overwhelm the fish.
- Mix together in a bowl and you are done!