Cedar Roasted Halibut with
Warm Bacon Vinaigrette and Wilted Spinach Salad
4 each 7 ounce Halibut portions, brined, smoked if possible.
1 tablespoon Salty's Seasoning Salt
- Soak the cedar planks over night before using to avoid catching on fire.
- Season Halibut and place on plank.
- Roast in oven at 400 degrees for 6 minutes and turn.
- Roast an additional 4 minutes or until 130 degrees internal temperature.
8 ounce bacon, sliced and julienned
1/2 ounce garlic, minced
1/2 ounce shallot, minced
2 ounce apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Render bacon in sautÃ© pan until crispy.
- Add garlic and shallots and sweat until translucent.
- Deglaze with vinegar.
- Add sugar and season to taste.
- Toss with 1 pound of fresh spinach to wilt.