Cabrea's Halibut Ceviche Over Corn Tostadas
1 bag of corn tostadas Los Pericos (or any round corn tostadas)
2 pounds fresh Halibut, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 quart clam juice or fish, vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup chablis
1 cup water
4 fluid ounces lime juice
2 fluid ounces of olive oil
1 clover garlic minced
3 teaspoons Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients above except Halibut and tostadas.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the Halibut and cook until the fish reaches 125 degrees (or until desired done-ness)
- Strain the Halibut and chill until cool in a shallow pan in the refrigerator.
- While waiting to chill prepare the marinade.
Ceviche Marinade Ingredients
4 cups freshly diced tomatoes, 1/4-inch pieces
1 cup white onions-diced 1/4-inch pieces
1 bunch chopped cilantro
2 fluid ounce lime juice
6 fluid ounces. cocktail sauce
6 fluid ounces ketchup
2 each avocados, diced 1/2 inch pieces
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
Ceviche Marinade Directions
- Take all of the above ingredients and mix gently in a bowl with a rubber spatula including the chilled Halibut.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Scoop the ceviche onto the tostados right before they are eaten.
- The tostada will get soft if the ceviche is put on too early.