Lobster Carbonara with Spaghetti, Pancetta, English Peas, Parmesan Cheese
1/2 pound spaghetti
1/2 cup pancetta, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup English peas, fresh preferred
1 cup lobster meat, cooked, chilled and roughly chopped
2 eggs whole, whisked, plus 2 tablespoons hot pasta water
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, ground
6 cracks black pepper
- Bring 1 gallon of salted water to a boil. Place pasta in water and cook until al dente.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat cook pancetta until crisp. Add garlic and English peas and cook until peas begin to soften.
- Strain pasta, allow to drain a few seconds and then add directly to saute pan.
- Add lobster and heat for 30 seconds. Pull saute pan from heat and add eggs, toss gently to combine. You want the eggs to become the sauce not scrambled eggs.*
- Place saute pan back on heat and stir in half the Parmesan cheese.
- To serve, place pasta in large serving bowl and finish with other half of Parmesan cheese and cracked pepper. Serve immediately.
- *Chef’s Tip: whisk 2 tablespoons hot pasta water into eggs to temper (warm) them before adding to saute pan. If they are warm they are less likely to “scramble " in the hot pan.