Lobster Brandy Bisque
Lobster Stock Ingredients
2 each shells from lobster
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup carrot peeled and chopped
1/2 cup onion peeled and chopped
1/4 cup celery chopped
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup brandy
2 quarts cold water
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
Lobster Stock Directions
- Heat the oil in heavy bottomed pot.
- Add lobster shells, carrots, onion, celery and brown lightly.
- Add brandy and flame.
- Then add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer for 2-3 hours, reducing to one quart.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and refrigerate until ready to use.
Lobster Bisque Ingredients
4 ounce butter
3/4 cup flour
1 quart lobster stock
3 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon Tabasco
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1/4 teaspoon Salty's Seasoning Salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 cup brandy
2 tablespoons butter
Lobster Bisque Directions
- Combine butter and flour in sauce pan and cook for about 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, juice from lemon, Tabasco, Worcestershire, Salty's Seasoning Salt, and pepper and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Finish with the brandy, butter and salt to taste.