Herb Butter-Poached Lobster, Crispy Potatoes, Sauce BoPo
4 each lobster tails
Herb butter recipe below
4 each crispy potatoes recipe below
Sauce Bopo recipe below
- Start baking the potatoes while preparing lobster and herb butter.
- When lobster is almost done, prepare sauce BoPo and deep fry potatoes.
Plating: Place crispy potatoes on plate and slit like a baked potato. Fill slit with remaining herb butter. Ladle sauce BoPo on plate and top with lobster tails. Garnish with parsley.
Crispy Potatoes Ingredients
4 each small russet potatoes
4 cups canola oil
1 tablespoon Salty's Seasoning Salt
Crispy Potatoes Directions
- Clean and bake potatoes in a 400-degree oven until soft, approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Cool slightly for 15 minutes.
- While cooling, heat oil in deep fryer, peel skin.
- Deep fry whole potatoes at 325 degrees until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and coat immediately with salt. Keep warm.
Herb Butter Ingredients
1/2 pound butter, unsalted and room temperature
1 teaspoon garlic, fresh minced
1 tablespoon shallot, fresh minced
1 tablespoon Italian parsley, fresh chopped
1 teaspoon thyme, fresh chopped
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 lemon, juiced
Herb Butter Directions
4 lobster tails
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Slice open lobster tails using a sharp chef's knife and fan meat on top of shell.
- Season meat with salt.
- Place tails in the casserole dish with herb butter, meat side down.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes before serving.
Sauce BoPo Ingredients1/4 pound sweet cream butter no salt
salt to taste
Sauce BoPo Directions
- Melt butter in a double boiler on medium-low heat until the fat separates from the milk solids aka whey, which is white).
- Using a ladle remove all of the oil (aka clarified butter, which is clear) off the top and place in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the remaining milk solids for 5 minutes it will thicken slightly).
- Slowly drizzle back in 2 tablespoon of the oil you just removed.
- Finish with salt to taste.