Lobster and Shrimp Stuffed Salmon
Serves 4-5 as an appetizer or 2-3 entrees
4 wild salmon fillets, 6 ounce. each, skin removed
Lobster and shrimp stuffing (recipe below)
1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup white wine
Sun-dried tomato butter (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree fahrenheit.
- Place salmon skin-side up on work surface.
- Top each fillet with 1/4 of lobster and shrimp stuffing and roll into a log (secure with small skewer if necessary).
- Pour wine into a large, preheated frying pan.
- Season stuffed salmon with salt and pepper and place in pan.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked.
- Remove and serve with a dollop of tomato butter and the starch of your choice we like risotto with this dish).
Lobster and Shrimp Stuffing Ingredients
2 pounds lobster (or 8 ounces lobster meat)
1/2 pound shrimp, shelled
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup ChÃ¨vre cheese goat cheese)
1 lemon zest and juice
1/4 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
Lobster and Shrimp Stuffing Directions
- Cook shrimp and lobster and cool.
- Remove all meat and chop into 1/2-inch chunks.
- In a food processor, add shrimp, cheese and 1/2 the lemon juice.
- PurÃ©e until smooth if a little too thick, then add a touch of remaining juice).
- Place the purÃ©ed mixture in a bowl and add parsley, salt and chopped-up lobster meat.
Sun-dried Tomato Butter Ingredients (makes 2 cups)
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
Sun-dried Tomato Butter Directions
- Reconstitute 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water.
- Drain and chop.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before using.
- Remaining tomato butter is great served on bread, toast or chicken.