1 tablespoon olive oil
small pinch of fennel seed
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 onion, sliced
1/2 fennel bulb, sliced
2 # mussels, cleaned
1 cup white wine
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1/4 cup fennel fronds, chopped roughly
- Heat large sautÃ© pan to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil, fennel seed, garlic, onion, and fennel.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables become slightly translucent.
- Add mussels and white wine and cook until mussels open.
- Pull away from heat and toss with butter and chopped fennel fronds.