Salty's Twisted Oyster Rockefeller
arugula mix (recipe follows)
Fried oysters (recipe follows)
Pernod CrÃ¨me FraÃ®che (recipe follows)
- Heat the arugula mixture and then place in the empty oyster shells.
- Mound the rock salt on a plate so the oysters can sit up.
- Fry the oysters until golden brown and then place on top of the arugula mixture.
- Top with the Pernod crÃ¨me fraÃ®che and eat.
Arugula Mix Ingredients
1/2 pound bacon
1 each garlic clove minced
1 each shallot minced
1/4 cup water chestnuts minced
4 cups arugula
1 tablespoon salt
Arugula Mix Directions
- Crisp the bacon in a fry pan.
- Then add the garlic, shallot, and water chestnuts.
- Cook for three minutes.
- Add the arugula and toss.
- Then add the Pernod and cook for 1 minute.
- Season and set aside for serving.
Fried Oysters Ingredients
1 ounce medium-size oysters
1/2 cup flour
2 each eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese - grated
1/4 bunch Italian parsley
Fried Oysters Directions
- Shuck the oysters and save the shells for plating.
- Dredge the oysters in the flour and shake off the excess flour very well.
- Mix the milk and the egg together.
- Dip the oysters in the milk and egg mixture.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, Italian parsley and grated cheese together.
- Dredge in the breadcrumbs and then fry.
- Deep fry in 350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.
- Pan fry optional.
Pernod CrÃ¨me FraÃ®che Ingredients
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoon buttermilk
1/2 cup Pernod
1 pinch saffron
1 pinch salt to taste
1 pinch white pepper to taste
Pernod CrÃ¨me FraÃ®che Directions
- In a glass mason jar add the cream and the buttermilk together.
- Cover with cheesecloth and tighten with a rubber band.
- Place in a warm spot, like the top of your fridge, for 2 days or until thick.
- Heat the Pernod with the saffron. Chill.
- Strain into the crÃ¨me fraÃ®che and delicately fold in the salt and white pepper to taste.
- Suggested wine Pairing: Sauvignon Blanc