Blackened Oysters with Tomato Pico de Gallo and Chipotle AÃ¯oli
16 oysters medium size (shucked 4 per person)
1/2 cup Saltyâ€™s Signature Blackening Spice
1/2 cup pico de gallo
3 tablespoon Chipotle AÃ¯oli
- First prepare the aÃ¯oli and Pico de Gallo (see recipes below) and set aside.
- Heat a sautÃ© pan to medium-high heat.
- Dust the oysters in Saltyâ€™s Signature Blackening Spice.
- Add one tablespoon canola oil to the sautÃ© pan, and place oysters in the pan.
- Sear until blackened on both sides.
- Place on a separate plate we suggest serving them with grits).
- Top the oysters with a touch of the Pico de Gallo and the aÃ¯oli.
Chipotle AÃ¯oli Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 egg yolk
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Chipotle pepper in Adobe sauce (not dried!)
1 teaspoon dry coriander,toasted
1/4 cup canola oil
1 Lime, zest and juice
1/4 bunch cilantro
1/8 teaspoon salt
Chipotle AÃ¯oli Directions
- Break out that Cuisinart for this one.
- Add the mayo, the egg and the garlic and blend for 3 minutes.
- Place dry coriander in a sautÃ© pan and heat until toasted.
- Add the chipotle peppers and coriander and blend for 1 minute.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil.
- Finish with the cilantro, lime zest and lime juice.
- 1 salt to taste
This aÃ¯oli goes great on everything! Fries, burgers, tacos, nachos, everything!
Pico de Gallo Ingredients
3 each Roma tomatoes
1 cup sweet onion, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 jalapeÃ±o pepper
2 limes, juiced
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pico de Gallo Directions
- Chop all vegetables and mix.
- If you want it hot, just leave the seeds in the jalapeÃ±o!