Serves 2 dozen Oysters
24 oysters, shucked
3 cups rock salt
1/2 sweet onion, minced
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 handfuls baby spinach, cleaned
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 shots Pernod
1 pinch salt to taste
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- Place rock salt in a large casserole dish or cookie sheet.
- Shuck oysters and place on rock salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large sautÃ© pan to medium heat. Add onions and oil and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add spinach and cook until soft and then add cream. Cook cream until nice and thick. Add pernod and then season with salt. Place 1 tablespoon in each oyster. Make sure that the mixture is to the top.
- Top each oyster with Parmesan cheese and then breadcrumbs.
- Cook in the oven for 12 minutes and then let sit outside of oven for 3 minutes before serving.
Chef Tip: If you do not have penod then using 1/2 tablespoon of ground fennel seed works great.