Coho Salmon NiÃ§oise Salad
1 side coho salmon
to taste salt and pepper
1/2 pound baby potatoes, steamed and chilled
1/2 pound green beans, steamed and chilled
14 each baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
2 cups tarragon vinaigrette (recipe follows)
4 eggs, hard boiled, quartered
1cup picholine olives, pitted
1/4 cup micro greens or chopped herbs
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap salmon in foil with skin side down and place in oven.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
- Place salmon on a large tray leaving room for accompaniments.
- Quarter baby potatoes, toss in tarragon vinaigrette and place along side salmon.
- Toss the green beans in the tarragon vinaigrette and place along side salmon.
- Toss tomatoes in the tarragon vinaigrette and place along side salmon.
- Place hard boiled eggs and olives around the salmon.
- Drizzle salmon with the remaining tarragon vinaigrette and top salmon with the micro greens to finish.
Makes 2 cups
Tarragon Vinaigrette Ingredients
1/2 cup sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small shallot, minced
1 bunch tarragon, stemmed and chopped slightly
1 1/2 cups canola oil
salt to taste
Tarragon Vinaigrette Directions
- Place the sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, shallot and tarragon in a blender.
- Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Drizzle in oil 1 tablespoon at a time while blender is running.
- Season with salt and enjoy!