Nancyâ€™s Mac Salad
2 pounds small shells (Barilla brand preferably)
6 eggs whole
2.5 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup mustard classic yellow
1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
1/2 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
2 packages tuna (drained)
8 slices American cheese yellow (chopped)
3/4 cup dill pickle (chopped)
1 pinch salt and pepper
- In a large pot add water to 3/4 full.
- Put the eggs in the water and bring to a boil.
- Once brought to a boil, add 1-1/2 teaspoons of salt and pasta.
- Note: Yes cook the pasta with the eggs. It takes a step out.
- Cook until pasta is al dente. (Note: Do not overcook!!! If the pasta is a little to al dente do not worry because the mayo and salt will cook it more and it will soak up the juices.)
- Place pasta in a colander and run cold water over until fully cooled.
- Take the eggs out and cool separately because they take longer.
- Drain the water off the pasta for 10 minutes. Yes 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl add chopped green onions, peas, tuna, and chopped dill pickle.
- Add pasta to the bowl and mix with the mayo and mustard.
- Add the chopped egg and add the chopped cheese.
- Taste with salt and refrigerate. (Note: Before serving taste for seasoning and add more mayo or mustard depending on how dry the pasta salad is.)