3 heads of kale, cleaned and chopped
2 gallons water
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, ground
Salt to taste
- Clean and chop kale and set aside.
- Place water and salt in large pot and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl add water and ice cubes.
- Place the kale in the boiling water and cook for 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove kale from boiling water and place in ice water.
- Let the kale chill fully and then wring it out (like a towel) to make sure there is no excess water.
- Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss together.
- Season with salt.
- Wrap tight with plastic wrap and store in fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Note: If you want to kick this salad up a little you can add chopped pepperoncini to it.