4 each 6-ounce pieces sockeye salmon
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup spinach mix (recipe follows)
6 sheets filo dough
1 cup drawn butter
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper
- Place the spinach mixture equally on top of each salmon.
- Lay out 1 sheet of filo dough and brush with drawn butter.
- Place another sheet on top and brush with drawn butter.
- Put a third piece of filo dough on top.
- Place the salmon in the filo dough with spinach side down.
- Cut filo dough and wrap salmon completely with dough.
- Brush salmon with drawn butter.
- Repeat process for remaining 2 pieces of salmon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes on a lined cookie sheet.
Spinach Mix Ingredients
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound spinach
1/4 cup cold water
2 tablespoons greek yogurt
1/2 lemon, juiced
salt to taste
Spinach Mix Directions
- Heat large fry pan to medium heat.
- Add canola oil and garlic. Toast garlic in pan.
- Add spinach and water and cook until spinach is soft and liquid is cooked out.
- Finish with Greek yogurt, lemon juice and salt to taste. Cool before placing on salmon.