Salmon Pot Pie
1 pound salmon, raw, cut into 2-inch squares
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch squares
1/2 pound carrots, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch squares
2 ears of corn, removed from the cob
1/2 cup peas, shelled
1/2 glass white wine
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 pinch saffron
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 sheet puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat large fry pan to medium-high heat.
- Add salmon to fry pan and sear on one side for 30 seconds (salmon will still be raw).
- Remove salmon and place in large casserole oven-safe dish.
- Add potatoes and carrots to fry pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add corn, peas and white wine and cook until white wine evaporates.
- Add cream, dill and parsley and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add saffron and Parmesan cheese and then remove from heat.
- Pour cream mixture on top of salmon in the casserole dish and let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut puff pastry so it fits inside the casserole dish and place on top of the mixture.
- Brush pastry with beaten egg.
- Place casserole dish in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until puff pas-try is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5-7 minutes before digging in!