Lavender Honey Glazed Wild Salmon Salad
spring greens, citrus vinaigrette, chevre, local berries
4 each 6 ounces wild salmon fillets
8 ounces local summer greens
1/2 pint raspberries
1/2 pint blueberries
1/2 pint blackberries
8 ounces Humboldt Fog chevre, optional
Lavender Honey, recipe follows
- In a large, ovenproof saute pan over medium high heat, sear salmon flesh side down, flip salmon over and finish in 350 degrees F oven for about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush salmon with Lavender Honey.
- In a large mixing bowl combine summer greens with Citrus Vinaigrette. Toss gently.
- To serve, place a large scoop of salad mixture on plate. Place salmon on top. Sprinkle with torn croutons, local berries and chevre.
1/2 cup local honey
2 tablespoons fresh lavender flowers
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat combine all ingredients. Cook 10 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from heat and cover. Let steep 10-15 minutes.
- Strain through sieve and allow to cool.
4 slices white bread
4 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Tear bread into bite size pieces and toss in melted butter.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
1/8 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup orange juice
1/8 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup canola oil
Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except oil and stir well. Slowly whisk in olive oil.