Bourbon-Glazed Barbecued Salmon
2 each salmon fillet (7-8 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and black pepper mix 90%-10%
1 cup bourbon glaze, for basting see recipe below)
1 cup grilled corn salad (see recipe below)
1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes, your favorite recipe
2 tablespoons green onions, diagonally sliced for garnish
10 asparagus-spears, blanched and reheated with butter
- Heat your barbecue to high heat. Depending on thickness of salmon check the middle to make sure desired temperature is achieved)
- Make a big enough piece of foil to hold the salmon and wrap it over 1 more time.
- Create pocket or gully in foil and place white wine in it.
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper and then place in foil.
- Wrap tight.
- Place on barbecue and then turn it down to medium heat.
- Close the lid and cook for 11 minutes.
- Open up salmon and cover with white peach marmalade.
Bourbon Glaze Ingredients (yields 1 cup)
1 tablespoon whole butter
1/2 cup yellow onions, minced
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
3 tablespoons bourbon
Bourbon Glaze Directions
- Melt butter in a pan over med-high heat. Add onions and sautÃ© until soft.
- Add the rest of ingredients except bourbon.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in bourbon; cook until heated through.
- Blend sauce until smooth and cool.
- Use this basting sauce while grilling the salmon.