Smoked Salmon Pappardelle with Pesto Cream Sauce,
Local Heirloom Tomato, Pine Nuts, Asiago Cheese
Ingredients1 pound pappardelle pasta, fresh
1 cup smoked salmon, crumbled
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon pesto
1/2 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1/2 cup heirloom tomato, chopped
1/2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- Bring 1 gallon of water to boil in a large pot with 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- Heat a large fry pan to medium high heat. Add fresh pasta to the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salmon, cream and pesto to the pan.
- Simmer sauce for 5 minutes and taste for salt.
- Add pasta and pine nuts.
- Place in serving dish and top with tomatoes and cheese.