Grilled Chinook Salmon with White Peach Marmalade
4 ounces filets salmon
1/2 cup white wine
1 pinch salt and pepper
2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- Heat your barbecue to high heat. (Depending on thickness of salmon check the middle to make sure desired temperature is achieved)
- Make a big enough piece of foil to hold the salmon and wrap it over 1 more time.
- Create pocket or gully in foil and place white wine in it.
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper and then place in foil.
- Wrap tight.
- Place on barbecue and then turn it down to medium heat.
- Close the lid and cook for 11 Minutes.
- Open up salmon and cover with white peach marmalade.
White Peach Marmalade Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 white peaches, pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 bunch mint, chopped
White Peach Marmalade Directions
- Place ginger, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a medium sauce pot.
- Cook on medium heat for 6 minutes or until sugar starts to bubble slightly.
- Add the peaches and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Mix the cold water with the cornstarch and add to the mixture.
- Let cook on low for 3 minutes.
- Place in a dish and stir in the mint.
- Place in fridge to cool.