Makes 1/2 cup
1 small shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 shots cognac
1/2 cup unsalted butter
8 leaves Italian parsley, chopped
2 stems tarragon, plucked and chopped
pinch sea salt
4 cracks black pepper
- Heat a small to medium-size sautÃ© pan to medium heat.
- Add shallot, garlic and olive oil.
- Cook until soft and translucent.
- Add cognac and ignite with match.
- Pull off heat and place in a mixing bowl and chill in refrigerator.
- Mix remaining ingredients into mixing bowl with cognac, garlic and shallot.
- Taste for salt.
Chef's Tips: This is great on bread, chicken, fish and vegetables. If you do not use it up, roll into a log and freeze for later.