Makes 1/2 cup
1/2 cup fava beans, cleaned and steamed
1/2 lemon, juice
pinch of sea salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
6 parsley leaves
pinch white pepper
- Clean the fava beans and steam them until tender.
- Chill the steamed beans.
- Once chilled, place in a blender and add lemon juice.
- Add sea salt, butter and parsley.
- Puree until butter is well blended.
- Finish with white pepper and salt to taste.
- Chill until you use it.
Chef's Tip: This is a great butter to spread on bread!